Lyons is a member of “Resolution” and is therefore committed to trying to resolve disputes in a non-confrontational way.
We believe that family law disputes should be dealt with in a constructive way designed to preserve people’s dignity and to encourage agreements. As such we are committed to:
- Conducting matters in a constructive and non-confrontational way.
- Avoiding the use of inflammatory language both written and spoken.
- Retaining professional objectivity and respect for everyone involved.
- Taking into account the long-term consequences of actions and communications as well as the short-term implications.
- Encouraging people to put the best interests of the children first.
- Emphasising the importance of being open and honest in all dealings.
- Making everyone aware of the benefits of behaving in a civilised way.
- Keeping financial and children issues separate.
- Ensuring that consideration is given to balancing the benefits of any steps against the likely costs - financial or emotional.
- Informing you of the options (for instance counselling, family therapy, round table negotiations, mediation, collaborative law and court proceedings).
If negotiations between the parties and/or their solicitors are not making progress then we will refer you to an appropriate mediation service or advise you on alternative dispute resolution before a final decision is made to proceed to court.